Saturday, August 29, 2009

Running with Scissors

No need to worry folks, I'm not running around with a pair of scissors in my hand. No, indeed, I am talking about the book Running with Scissors, by Augusten Burroughs. I got this book as a gift from an aunt of mine, because she knows I enjoy reading, and I wanted to pop in and post a little about it.

The book is autobiographical, and is Burroughs' way of describing his life with a mentally ill mother whose psycologist was quite possibly just as mentally ill as his patients. Burroughs was sent to live with his mothers psychologist after she had a series of complete breakdowns because she thought that he would be better suited to raise her son.

The book goes into a lot of odd, and sometimes graphic, situations about Burroughs' childhood, but this is a book I recommend anyone read. It was really excellent, and something that I could see myself reading again and again!

No comments: