Monday, October 12, 2009

Author of the Day - Lemony Snicket

About two or three years ago, I picked up the first book in the Series of Unfortunate Events series, by Lemony Snicket. I thought, oh this looks cute, I'll check it out and see what it's like. Well, I know it is written for children, but let me tell you, even grown ups could get a little kick out of it. It is totally fun, and just a simple, light read. It introduces words that kids are unfamiliar with, and then explains what those words mean. The plot and dialogue are easy to follow. It's just an overall great series.

The Bad Beginning
The Reptile Room
The Wide Window
The Miserable Mill
The Austere Academy
The Ersatz Elevator
The Vile Village
The Hostile Hospital
The Carnivorous Carnival
The Slippery Slope
The Grim Grotto
The Penultimate Peril
The End

No comments: