Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Shopaholic and Baby - Sophie Kinsella

This week, I was in the mood to read something light, something I could just read without, how shall I say, having to really put tons of thought into it. So, I read Shopaholic and Baby, the last book in the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I was happy to see that I enjoyed it just as much as the first book.

In this book, Becky and her (now) husband, Luke, find out that they are expecting their first baby. They, of course, argue over whether to find out the sex of the baby because Becky wants to know, and Luke wants it to be a surprise. Well, they do get one surprise: Luke's ex-girlfriend reappears in his life when Becky unknowingly picks her as her OB/GYN.

As Luke's ex, Venetia, gets "closer" to Becky and Luke, Becky starts becoming paranoid that Luke is having an affair. There are things kept secret, text messages, and many other things that lead Becky to think this is most definately true. And with worry that the store she works at may close, Becky has a lot on her plate.

I'll keep secret how everything works out in the end, but I recommend you read the book if you want a good laugh. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: