Thursday, May 13, 2010

Book of the Day - Sellevision

This week (mostly yesterday), I read a book called Sellevision, by Augusten Burroughs. It was absolutely hilarious, tear-jerking, over the top. I have no way to describe other than to say that it is one of the best modern books I've read this year. I don't want to give to much away, so I will give a summary as best I can without ruining the whole plot.

In Sellevision, the main characters all work for a fictional shop at home network called Sellevision. Of course, they sell things like jewelry, cookware and any other items that you might typically find on a shop at home network. The characters include Max, the flasher, Peggy Jean, the uptight Christian mom, Bebe, the shopaholic, and an array of other extremely humorous people including a stalker turned teenage boy potential murderer.

There are so many situations in this book that will make you laugh, and a lot that will break your heart and make you wish they'd never happen to you. Overall, I'd say that if you've never read this book, you're missing out.

No comments: