Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Book Time - Brava, Valentine

I recently read Brave, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani. I had read her first book in the series, Very Valentine, about a year and a half ago. Let's just say, it was an interesting read.

I don't really like to give a lot of stuff away when I talk about books I've read, so I'll keep this as spoiler free as I can.

The book starts out with Valentine's grandma getting married to an old friend in Italy and moving. She (grandma) also announces that Valentine's brother Alfred is being made a partner in the shoe company, much to Valentine's chagrin.

At grandma's wedding, Valentine sees her old potential flame, Gianluca, who she's still smittin with. They have a little fun, but then her family barges in on her. Literally, they burst in through the shared bathroom in the hotel.

Throughout the rest of the book, many interesting things happen, including:

* An affair
* A trip to Brazil
* Meeting long-lost family members
* A drunken aunt
* Thanksgiving Fighting (What family doesn't do that sometimes?)

This is a very light, quick read. I went through it in two days. So if you're looking for something sort of light and quick that you don't really have to think about, this is a good book for you!

No comments: