Saturday, April 27, 2013

"To Harry, The boy Who Lived..."

I started this 24 hour readathon with a book I still love even after all these years: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone. I haven't completed it *yet* but I am well on my way!

After reading for a while, I decided to take a little break and do a blog post. After all, who doesn't love blogging? I'm going to take a minute to share a little bit about me:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I live in Northern Minnesota, where, until about two days ago, we were still having snowstorms and blizzards. It hasn't made for the most pleasant of Springs.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

I think the book I am most looking forward to is Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief, by Rick Riordan. Riordan has got a great way of capturing a readers attention and really drawing them into the story!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

This is a tough one. But I would have to say that the snack I am most looking forward to is my popcorn sprinkled with parma. Nothing beats a good bowl of popcorn!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

In addition to being a total bookworm, I also write, knit and crochet. I am a crafty little thing. I love to scrapbook and make cards, and I think the best movies ever are The Wizard of Oz and The Parent Trap (with Hayley Mills).

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

Something I plan on doing differently today is staggering my caffeine intake. I don't drink a lot of coffee anymore, so having too much right away will make the later time periods harder...


Now, what are you waiting for: get back to reading!

5 comments:

CaroG said...

I've never read the Percy Jackson books, but I've heard great things about them. Enjoy your reading time.
A Girl that Likes Books

Ronnica said...

Harry Potter is part of my Readathon this time around, too. Listening to the audio of ORDER OF PHOENIX during breaks.

Janey Canuck said...

What a great book to start with - I adore Harry Potter!! Have fun reading today :)

Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories said...

Good luck to you and hope you are enjoying HP and your manga book. I haven't read HP or Percy Jackson but I want to read both of those series, my son highly recommends them. Keep up the reading and hope you get a break of sunshine in cold Minnesota. I'm in NC and the weather has been cooky here as well. Here's my Dewey's Read-a-thon post if you'd like to stop by.

Ruth @ Bookish Ruth said...

I love Harry Potter. I read the first Percy Jackson and loved it, I need to read the rest!