Saturday, July 20, 2013

Books!!!

I am so excited to create this post!  Like, more than you know!  I have to tell you my Lunar Chronicles story first, though.

So, around the middle to end of 2012, I was posting on facebook that I was looking for a good book to read.  Around the same time I had seen a cover of Cinder, Marissa's Meyer's first book, on Goodreads.  My friend Kellie chimed in and said, "Hey, read Cinder!"  Now, Kellie, like me, is a total bookworm.  Also, I trust her judgment in books.  She has good taste.

So, I instantly bought Cinder on my Kindle, and whipped through it.  I then waited impatiently until February  of this year, when Scarlet was released.  I bought it, read it and fell even more in love with the Lunar Chronicles book.  Then, a few weeks ago, I noticed that Marissa Meyer was having a giveaway for an Advanced Reader Copy of Cress.  So, I entered the contest, not even thinking that I would win.

BUT, I did!  So, today, UPS delivered my nice, pretty ARC of Cress, which I can't wait to finish! 






If you aren't familiar with The Lunar Chronicles, my first suggestion would be to go out and read Cinder and Scarlet.  They are fantastic books!  Plus, when I finish Cress, I plan on writing a review, so that way, you'll know what's going on.

Another book I've got on the shelf right now is Alice in Zombieland.





I have become quite fascinated by zombies, so, really I am looking forward to finishing this book.  I am a couple pages into it, and so far, it is really funny.  To give you a general idea: it starts with a description of Alice talking about how her dad won't let them go out after dark because he doesn't want anyone to get attacked by monsters.  The book then travels through zombie battling and trying to save the humans.  So far, it's a cute book, and I can't wait to review it for you!




No comments: