Friday, October 11, 2013

My read-a-thon Schedule!






It's almost time folks!  Tomorrow is October 12th!  You all know what the means: 24 hours of reading awesomeness!  I am so excited.  I am actually going to try to stay up all night for this read-a-thon.  In the past, I have usually made it til sometime between 10 p.m. and midnight.  Here in Minnesota, the read-a-thon start time is 7 a.m, so even if I go to bed at 10, that still gives me roughly 15 hours of reading time.  However, this month, I am determined to stay up as late as I possibly can! 

Here's how I am hoping my day will go tomorrow!

Tonight: Shop for Snacks so I can have the day tomorrow to just READ!

6:00 - 7:00 am - Wake up, shower, eat breakfast.

7:00 - 9:00 am - Read: I plan on starting with something easy: the first two volumes of Fruits Basket!

9:00-9:15 - Break to blog!

9:15 - 11:30 - Reading Again:  I will be enjoying Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!  I love the Harry Potter Books!

11:30 - 11:45 - Break to Blog! 

11:45 - 1:00 - Read!  I'll finish HP and the Sorcerer's Stone, then move on to Volume 3 of Fruits Basket

1:00 - 2:30 - Blog!  Then take a break to meet with my writers group!  (It's been a while since I've gone to the group - so this will be a much needed respite.  Plus, one of the ladies in the group is dying to know what happens next in my alien book!)

2:30 - 4:00 - Reading!  I'll be enjoying The Hunger Games during this time! 

4:00 - 4:15 - Blogging break!

4:15 - 6:30 - Reading time!  I'll finish The Hunger Games and read the 4th volume of Fruits Basket.

6:30 - 6:45 - Break time to Blog!  (This may be the last time I blog for the day.  We'll see!)

6:45 - 9:00 - Reading time!  I am going to read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets during this time!

9:00 - 9:15 - Break time!

9:15 - 11:30 - Reading time!  I'll finish Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and start reading the first volume of Me and My Brothers!

11:30 - Midnight - Knitting break.  I am working on an awesome scarf, and this seems like the perfect time to take a break and do some knitting on it! 

Midnight - 2:00 a.m. - Finish Vols. 1 and 2 of Me and My Brothers!  Start reading Catching Fire.

2:00 - 2:15 - Break time!  I may use the hours between midnight and now to drink some more coffee!  YUM!

2:15 - 4:30 - Finish Catching Fire.  Read another volume of Me and My Brothers!

4:30 - 4:45 - Break Time!

4:45 - 7:00 - Read as much of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban as I can! 


Now, I have noted break times on my schedule.  HOWEVER, I really just plan on playing it by ear!  I have more books on my list, in case I finish one book really quickly.  So, I may end up reading more than what I have here.  That's okay!  I love the read-a-thon for that reason: I can do it however I want!  I hope you enjoy your reading as much as I plan on enjoying mine!






7 comments:

Andi said...

I love your ambition! I've never been good at keeping a schedule, but then again I get tugged in several directions to oversee things, help out, co-host, etc. I added Fruits Basket to my Read-a-Thon pile from the library, so I'm excited that you're reading it too!

isjaneka said...

Looks like you've got everything under control in here!
and you can do no wrong with Harry Potter and the Hunger Games! :)

Thanks for the visit on my blog, btw!
I wish you an amazing Read-a-Thon!

sharlenesmith said...

Hey Maggie! Your schedule looks great :) Wish I was that organised. Less than 12 hours to go! are Harry Potter and The Hunger Games rereads? I would suggest keeping easy reads for those hard night hours, or something that really excites you. Good luck!
#TeamTiger

Teri Henningsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teri Henningsen said...

I'm cheering for you this early morning - I love your organization too and your book choices are awesome. I am a limited genre reader but my daughter loved Harry Potter and in fact is rereading them all! Enjoy your day! Glad you are joining the readathon!

October 12, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Kristen said...

Wow! You've really got it down! I just figured I'd read between cheering and updating my blog. Love all of the books you mentioned, although some of the manga I have not read. Enjoy and looks like you're going to do awesome.

Maggie said...

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, Harry Potter and the Hunger Games are rereads. Luckily, since I've read those books before and am familiar with them, they will be easy to get through :)