Saturday, October 12, 2013

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

What I've done so far:

Pages Read: 550

Time Spent Reading: 6 hours

Total Books Completed: 2.5





I hung out with my writing groups a little longer than planned, but that's okay!  I just loved listening to their stories.  As a result, I am still making my way through HP and the Sorcerer's Stone.  I did, however, manage to squeeze in some reading for The Hunger Games as well.  I am really excited about the Catching Fire movie, so reading the Hunger Games series is absolutely perfect! 

Here are some things I LOVE about Harry Potter:

1. Fred and George Weasley!  They are my favorite characters.

2. Peeves. I know he can be a pain in the butt, but come on now: you have to admit he's funny.

3,  All those strong female characters.  It always makes me happy when I read stories that have strong women characters in them!

4. Hagrid knitting on the subway.  How fun is Hagrid, now?!

5. The boats floating across the lake on their own!  How cool is that?!

6. Hedwig.  I think that's all I need to say.

7. The food appears on the plates magically!

8. Halloween at Hogwarts is awesome.  I would love to be a Hogwarts witch just to celebrate Halloween there.
 

This list could go on and on forever, but I'll stop here.  To leave you with one of my favorite quotes from the Sorcerer's Stone:

"Is he - a bit mad?" he asked Percy uncertainly.
"Mad?" said Percy airily.  "He's a genius!  Best wizard in the world!  But he is a bit mad, yes.  Potatoes, Harry?"


1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love the titles of your posts... lol. Harry Potter really was a fantastic series, it had everything that you needed. :)

I also am stoked for the Catching Fire movie. :-D

Keep on reading!