Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oh, Fruits Basket!

I started out this morning reading Fruits Basket.  I checked them out from my library, and so far, I've made it through 1 1/2 books.  That means I am going to play "catch up" and finish the second manga before I start Harry Potter.  I have my schedule, but I'm trying to be "lenient" with it, so to speak.  I just want to have fun and read! 

Things that I love about Fruits Basket:
*Even though it is written for teens, the author doesn't spare the language.  The author treats teens like people who are capable of handling the occasional  swear word or thematic situation.

*The characters are fun and intense.

*The books have a lot in them, but are easy to read!


So far, here's my count for the read-a-thon:

Pages Read: 272

Time Spent Reading: 1 hour, 40 minutes

Total Books Completed: 1 (and a half!)

Now, back to the books!  Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog :)

2 comments:

Too Fond said...

Hope you're having a great read-a-thon so far! Go #TeamTiger!

stacybuckeye said...

I just finished my first book. I'm trying not to stress to much about page count, but to enjoy the day!

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." (Annie Dillard)
So let's spend today reading :)