Saturday, October 12, 2013

Real or Not Real

I know many people are torn on The Hunger Games series.  On the one hand it is incredibly well written and intriguing.  On the other hand, it is violent and shows children killing each other.  Despite the deaths of children in the books, I love the series.  I love the message that Suzanne Collins sends that war is not a good thing.

In my last blog post for the day (as I plan on just spending the rest of the night reading) let me tell you what I love about the Hunger Games:

1.  Like Rowling, Collins has strong women characters in her stories.  She isn't afraid to have Katniss kick ass!

2. Gayle.  He's amazing!

3. Cinna.  I  love Cinna.

Again, I could go on and on about things I like about this book.  I am, however, anxious to get back to my reading.  So, in closing, I will leave you with a quote from Mocingjay that I think is a perfect way to describe the readathon:

"So, after then, he whispers, "You love me, real or not real?
I tell him, "Real."

Enjoy the rest of the read-a-thon!  I'll catch you all on the flipside! 

4 comments:

Tami said...

I loved The Hunger Games, also. Looks like you're having a great readathon. Keep it up! #TeamTiger

stacybuckeye said...

I loved the first movie and look forward to the next one!

"Little by little does the trick." (Aesop)
Or maybe we should say 'hour by hour' :)
Team Tiger

Too Fond said...

Hope you're still enjoying your read-a-thon. Keep up the great reading! :) #TeamTiger

sharlenesmith said...

Hope you've made it to the final hour :) I loved The Hunger Games books. all the characters are well written & the story is so full of action to the very end.