Thursday, November 21, 2013

Book Land

I haven't done a what I'm reading post in a while.  Here are the books I am making my way through over the next couple of weeks!




A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens - This is one of the books on my classics club reading list!  I LOVE Charles Dickens. 





The Latehomecomer - Kao Kalia Young - This is the book my book club is reading for December.  I haven't started it yet, but it is a memoir written by a young Hmong woman from Laos about her families journey from Laos to the USA. 





The Lightening Thief - Rick Riordan - If you enjoy YA books, or books that weave in Greek Mythology, Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series is a good one to read.  Always good fun!




Les Miserables - Victor Hugo - This is another pick from my classics club reading list, and I am sure that it will take me a while to get through.  My copy is *only* a little over 1,400 pages long.  Short, right?!


Now, as per usual, I may add books to my reading pile.  I CAN'T HELP IT!  I'm a compulsive reader.  But for now, this is what I've got set! 











No comments: