Monday, November 10, 2014

Books on the Shelf

It's been a while since I've shared what I am reading.  I think it's about time I do that.  (That also means that I am going to have a slew of book reviews coming up!  I hope you're ready!!)




Septimus Heap - Magyk by Angie Sage - This book was recommended by a friend.  Her two sons are reading it and she thought it was something I would enjoy since I love Harry Potter.  I have read a couple chapters so far, and she was right - it's awesome!  I can already tell that I am going to have to read the entire series.



We are Water - Wally Lamb - This is a book club pick, and so far I am really having trouble getting into it.  It's not as interesting as I thought it would be.




A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens - I admit, I have been stuck on this book for a while.  Normally, I read through Dickens pretty fast, but this one is killing me.




Wicked - Gregory Maguire - This is actually a re-read.  I read this book once in college, because a friend thought I would like it.  And I did!  I am reading it again, because it is just so amazing!





Game of Thrones - George RR Martin  - This is another one that's been taking me a while, because it is just so thick.  But I am absolutely loving it.  GRRM has a way with words that doesn't disappoint.



No comments: