Saturday, April 25, 2015

Update Time - Hour 6

It's halfway through hour 6 of Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon.  I have finished 2 books to far (yeah!)  I would be into book three by now, but I had to take a break to shower and do some dishes.  Here's what I've done so far:

Page Count: 469
Books Read: 2
Book titles:
*Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
*Someday's Dreams, Volume 1

I always love to read a Harry Potter book or two during the readathons, because I am super familiar with them, and can get through them pretty quickly.  A few things I love about The Chamber of Secrets:

*When Dobby dropped the pudding on Aunt Petunia's pristine kitchen
*When Lockhart is trying to run away, and Harry and Ron force him into the Chamber.
*When Fawkes catches on fire and Harry thinks it's his fault.
*When Fawkes comes into the chamber with the sorting hat, and Harry is able to get the Sword of Gryffindor
*When Dumbledore was re-instated as the headmaster
*When Lucius Malfoy was sacked as one of the governors of the school

I could go on and on, but those are some of the highlights.

This was my first time reading Someday's Dreams.  I like the magical aspect of it and I think it was a good thing to read right after a Harry Potter book.  I'll have to put the rest of the series on my reading list!

Next up I am going to read Lips Touch Three Times.

3 comments:

Masanobu said...

My, two books down and such a page count! Impressive!

Keep up the good work and enjoy the readathon!

#TeamSherlock

Sarah said...

You are doing awesome! I listened to HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban while I was running errands. Good luck with the rest of the readathon!

samantha.1020 said...

Rereading Harry Potter is a perfect way to spend a read-a-thon in my opinion. I love this series and still love rereading them about once a year. It sounds like you are doing really great so far! Have fun and happy reading!!

#TeamSherlock