Saturday, May 30, 2015

Book-A-Day

So, it's no secret that I love books.  I mean - I do have a blog just to talk about books after all!  I recently decided that I wanted to start a book-a-day challenge with the hopes of finishing 365 books in one year.

Right about now you may be thinking to yourself "Why is this woman starting a book a challenge half way through the year?"  Well, the answer is simple: Because I can.  The book a day challenge will also include the other reading challenges I am doing (so it will be like 4 big challenges all wrapped up in one.)  A friend and I are doing the 2015 book challenge list from popsugar.  I am also taking part in the Classics Club challenge and am trying to read 100 classics in 5 years.  Top that off with my annual goal of reading 100 books in 2015, and I've got a lot of reading to do!  

Here are my book a day goals for the next year:

Start Date: June 1, 2015.
End Date: May 31, 2016.
Start one new book every day.
Finish every book started by the end of the challenge.

Note that I am likely not going to finish some books in one day.  (After all, a lot of the books I pick will likely be longer or more challenging than some other books.)  The point is to have fun and, in the end, just have a really big stack of finished books!  So, come back often and see how things are going - and if you are doing any reading challenges yourself, share them with me!  I love to hear about what other people are reading!

No comments: