Saturday, September 5, 2015

Next Stop: Love - Miranda J. Fox


***DISCLAIMER*** I received a free ARC of this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  All thoughts on the book are my own.

Book: Next Stop: Love
Author: Miranda J. Fox
Publisher: Amazon Publishing (Amazon Cross)
Release Date: September 15, 2015

Sophia - a 25 year old recent law school graduate - has been living under the thumb of her controlling mother her entire life.  So she finally leaves and moves to Berlin.  She has an interview on the day of her arrival - and while riding the train, she meets a man who grates on her nerves in more ways than she can count.  Little does Sophia know that this man, Luca Marcs, is about to become her boss.

Sophia attends her interview and begrudgingly accepts that job, if only to prove that she can do it.  In the end, she loves the job, and much more.  Throughout the novel, we meet a host of weird, funny, and in one case, downright nasty characters who make the novel come alive.  There's Aileen, the tattooed 40 year old secretary, Mary, the snide, rude, callous secretary, Mr. Marcs, Luca's overbearing father and the owner of Marcs Entertainment, and Lisa, Sophia's best friend and roommate.

This novella was short and well written - I whipped through it in a day, and enjoyed ever second of it.  Both Luca and Sophia make changes in their lives and work towards being better people throughout the novel.  They come to trust each other in a way I wondered if Sophia ever could.

Even though this book was shortish, I got into it right away, and fell in love with the characters.  I cheered when Luca and Sophia went on their first date.  I was appalled at Mr. Marcs when he attempted to break them up.  I wanted to cry when Sophia believed Mr. Marcs, and tried to end it with Luca.  I laughed out loud when Sophia met Aileen's mom for the first time.  The characters all fit together so well throughout the entire story, and each had their own distinct personalities.

I found the story to be believable and well thought out and structured.  It was funny at the right moments, and I genuinely believed this story could happen.  I would give this book a solid 5 stars.  Get your hands on it as soon as it comes out - you won't be disappointed. 

No comments: