Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Bout of Books

Hi all!  If you have checked out my blog AT ALL, you've probably figured out that I love doing reading challenges.  One of my favorites is the Dewey's 24 hour Readathon.  I have done it a couple times.  Well, I didn't get a chance to do the Dewey in April this year, but I did participate in spirit and read when I wasn't working and doing some family stuff. 

Anyway, I was looking around the Dewey Readathon Facebook page, and heard about the Bout of Books Reading Challenge.  It is a week long challenge in which each person just makes a commitment to read more in one week than they do normally.  Of course, my first thought was "Awesome, reading!"  That was followed closely by: "I have to sign up right now!"

So, dear blog followers, this is my official bout of books post.  If you want to learn more about this fun event, go visit their site or read this:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 16 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I am not sure what I will try to read during that week - I just know it's going to be fabulous, and I am going to try and get a lot of reading in.  I hope you'll join me!

1 comment:

Maggie Seagraves said...

Happy reading and good luck! :D