Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Wrong Number, Right Guy - Elle Casey






Book: Wrong Number, Right Guy
Author: Elle Casey
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Montlake Publishing

I have read books by Elle Casey in the past, and LOVED them.  They are usually fun, sometimes naughty, and generally fairly decent.  So, I bought this book, expecting it to be at least somewhat as good as previous books I've read by her.  I was, sadly, disappointed.

The book opens with May talking to her sister.  Her sister is about to get a new phone.  So, later, when May gets a text from an unidentified number, she thinks it's from her sister.  (The thought never occurred to May that her sister could switch her number to her new phone.)  Anyway, long story short, May ends up at this biker bar in New Orleans, where she is shot at, almost killed, and then saved by a hairy guy who drags her back to his place.  The rest of the story is pretty much summed up by the following: May thinks about sex a lot and complains about her sore muscles.  There you go!

A few things that were good about this book:
*The dogs - they were cute (but probably played a much bigger role in the book than they could have!)
*The fact that most of the people who work for Ozzie are willing to look out for each other.

Now, let's talk about what wasn't so good.
A. May is 29years old - 29!  She should be mature enough to speak like a grownup, at least when she is at work or out in public.  Yet, she constantly says and thinks things like "Oh, poop."  She talks about tooting, and says she has to leave so she can unclench her buttcheeks before she toots.  Seriously - I know a lot of people in their 20's.  I don't know a single one of them that talks or thinks the way May does, because - guess what?  They aren't 7 year olds!

B. If this is supposed to be a romance novel, why isn't there more romance?  Ozzie and May hardly ever see each other, and yet, they claim they are attracted to each other and want to have some adult fun together!  How can you have a little romance with or crush on someone if you NEVER SEE THEM?!

C. Character development - there was none.  None.  There was no growth in the book.

D. The Plot - there is no plot, really.  It's all just thinking about sex or beating each other up.  I thought maybe something was starting to develop, but then it just fell flat.  Did it get lost in the bad writing and thoughts about tooting?  I guess we'll never know.

Honestly, I am a little disappointed at how disappointed I am.  I had hope for this book - and it let me down.  So, in all fairness, I can't recommend this book - though I will continue to read other books by this author - just not books from this series. 

No comments: