Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Book Club Picks - June

Hi Y'all!  So, you all know I love books.  Also, I love book clubs.  What could be better than sitting around with a group of friends talking about a book you just read?!  So, if you are in a book club, you are going to love my new monthly (sometimes more than monthly if I have a lot of ideas) book club post.  In each book club post, I will have three to five titles that you HAVE to read at book club.  They may have a theme, they may not. One thing is certain though - all the book club picks will be fabulous!

So, without further ado - here are my book club picks for June:




The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern, has been stuck in my head since I read it 4 years ago.  It is amazing in it's plot development and imagery.  There is so much that happens in this book, that your book club will have a lot to discuss! 


Stieg Larsson started a masterpiece trilogy with his book The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo.  It's too bad that he died before he had a chance to continue his series.  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo will keep you hooked from page one, and give your book club plenty to talk about. 


Room, by Emma Donaghue, was introduced to me from my book club.  It is a book that broke me open and made my heart ache.  It is so well written and well plotted that I couldn't stop reading, and I loved every page.  The touchy subject will be interesting to get through, but it will leave you grateful and will leave your book club talking.


Audrey Niffenegger created an instant classic with her book The Time Traveler's Wife.  When Claire first meets her husband, she is a young girl, and he is fully grown.  He waits as Claire gets older, and they develop a relationship that will make you yearn and take your breath away.  The book is a must pick for any book club. 

No comments: