Monday, August 8, 2016

August Book Club Picks - YA Fiction

Because teenagers love to read - this month my book club picks are all YA fiction!  (Don't worry - some of you adults may find some books here that you'll love, too!)



Divergent - Veronica Roth
There wasn't a single page of Divergent that I didn't like.  It's sequel, Insurgent, was good as well.  This is a great discussion book for any teenage book club. 

The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman 
I have yet to read a Neil Gaiman book I didn't like.  This one is no exception.  Full of creepiness and awesome characters, this is a book that is sure to bring lots of discussion and love from any YA book club!


The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
Chances are there are tons of teens (and adults) who have already read this book!  So, get ready for a re-read, because this book is totally YA book club worthy.  Full of fantastic characters, a weird yet well written plot, and some death, this anti-war book leaves plenty for book clubs to talk about!


 The Book Thief - Marcus Zusak
I originally read this with my book club and fell in love with it. It was one of my favorite reads of 2010.  This book has a haunting, amazing plot that will break you open and leave you wanting more.  I am sure any YA and adult book club will have plenty to discuss with this book.

 The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
Some people say this book is weird - and I agree, but I probably think it's weird for different reasons. I love this book!  Part thriller, part romance, completely amazing - this book will leave you reaching for the next in the series as soon as you finish.  There are plenty of things to discuss in this fantastic book.

The Winner's Curse - Marie Rutkoski 
This book about a young woman who falls in love with her slave and a society on the brink of war will leave your book club with so many things to talk about.  There has yet to be a single moment in this series that I don't like - I think you'll love this book as much as I do.

No comments: