Monday, August 22, 2016

Bout of Books - Day 1

Hi, fellow readers!  Today is the FIRST DAY of Bout of Books 17.  Yeah!  I haven't read *too* much yet (but it's only 10:45 in the morning.)  Anyway, I hope you're all as stoked for this week as I am!  (Don't deny it - you totally are.)  

My goals this week include:
*Finishing the 3 started books I have sitting around.
*Actually getting though the last two books in the Beautiful Creatures series (I know, I believe I said I wasn't going to finish the series.  I lied.  I can't help myself!)

Other than that, I don't really have any hard and fast goals set other than to just read a lot and have fun!  (The fun should be a given - after all I'll be READING....)

So far today, I have:
-Started book
-Read 15 pages (Don't judge, it's still early.)

Now, for those who don't know, Bout of Books has little challenges throughout the week.  Today's challenge is to pick your favorite and least favorite book to movie adaptations.  This was hard.  There were a lot I loved - and many more that I didn't love.  But I have made my choices, and they are: 


Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation:

 

 I only picked on, because this movie wowed me so much, and because The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe is absolutely a stunning book!  Plus, Tilda Swinton was just amazing (she always is!)


Least Favorite Book to Movie Adaptations:



 I fell in love with the Divergent book, and its sequel Insurgent.  (I am still feeling kind of mediocre about Allegiant, thought....)  When I heard they were making a movie, I was hesitant, as I usually am, and when I saw it, I was just downright disappointed.  I don't feel that it lived up to the book at all!

I don't even know how to sum up my distaste for this book to movie adaptation.  I was absolutely enthralled with Pullman's entire His Dark Materials book series.  The movie was probably my LEAST favorite adaptation ever!  I couldn't jive with it at all. 

No comments: