Saturday, October 8, 2016

Book Club Picks - Spooky Reads

Hey y'all!  Happy October!  I can't believe September is over.  But alas, it is.  That means we are one step closer to my favorite holiday: HALLOWEEN!  In celebration of Halloween, I have picked some scary books for my book club picks this month.  Enjoy.


 
Last year, I lucked out and got a free copy of Survive The Night, by Danielle Vega to read and review as part of the Wicked Reads tour put on by Penguin.  I cannot even describe how much I LOVE this book.  It is scary, surprising, and just downright amazing. If your book club is looking for a book to keep you on your toes - this book is it! 

 
I just finished Slasher Girls & Monster Boys, a collection of short stories picked by April Genevieve Tucholke.   The stories in this book are the perfect stories to read during the month of October.  There isn't a single story in this collection that won't give your book club members the chills.

 
It's pretty hard to pick just ONE Stephen King book you should read.  But I did - because while Stephen king is undoubtedly the king of Horror, The Shining is my favorite of all his books.  Your book club will have plenty of scary things to talk about when reading this book!

 
While  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs, is not an out and out horror book, it does have plenty of scary happenings in it to keep you up at night. This book will definitely keep your book club talking.

 
Asylum, by Madeleine Roux, is a story about a group of high school kids who take college classes during a summer course.  They get put in an old asylum that was converted into dorms.  What happens to these kids during their stay will give you the creepies all month long.  Read it - you and our book club will love it!
 


No comments: