Saturday, December 31, 2016

Top Reads of 2016

I wanted to share the books I loved the most out of all the books I read this year.  Here we go:



Belong to Me: Marissa De Los Santos -  The tension and drama in this book are enough to hook anyone and keep you reading.  The story was heartbreaking and wonderful.



Slasher Girls and Monster Boys: April Genevieve Tucholke - the short stories in this book are amazing. I use that word a lot with books I love, and it's totally worth the word drop.  These stories are totally worth reading, and will scare you in ways you never thought you could be scared. 






The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and The Retribution of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin, were such wonderful books, that even through my reviews I felt like I couldn't sum up how much I loved the series.  They were amazing and wonderful and if you don't read them you'll be disappointed.


The Winner's Kiss: Marie Rutkoski - Watching the relationship between Arin and Kestrel change and grow has been amazing.  The tensions throughout the series, and the war, and the changes that the characters went through were all perfectly executed by the author.



All Fall Down: Jennifer Weiner - This book was at once beautiful and heartbreaking.  It describes so well the descent of the main character into drug addiction and through rehab.  It is definitely a must read.




Lumberjanes, the series about a group of girls at camp, is fantastic.  I could go on and on, but I won't - just read them all.  You'll love them! 


Nightmares: Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller - technically a children's book, but so cute and funny!  Read it - you'll love it. 


Library Of Souls: Ransom Riggs - Words cannot even begin to describe how much I loved Library of Souls.  There was the typical feeling of sadness that the series is over, but mostly their is just LOVE! 

No comments: