Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Echo Campaign - Taylor Brooke


 Title: Echo Campaign
Author: Taylor Brooke
Format: E-Book

Echo Campaign, by author Taylor Brooke, is the second in a series that contains its fair share of tension, drama, and yes - cliffhangers.  If you are looking for a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat, this is the book for you.

Brooklyn is found at the beginning of the book worried that she has been found.  The rest of the book leads us through a whirlwind of activity and kind of leaves us wondering - what the hell?!  But not in a bad way.  Fair warning - like I said, this book has a cliffhanger.  But, you won't hate it.  You will find yourself on the edge of your seat waiting for the next book to come out however.

A couple things:

*Someone is destroying the earth (and for once, it's not me!  Kidding.)
*Brooklyn finds out some pretty heavy information about her fertility towards the end of the book - but just doesn't give a damn.  But would you if you were trying to save the earth and your friends?  Probably not.

Now, folks, let me tell you - I wasn't sure what to think when I first got this book. But within a couple pages, I was hooked.  Solid character development, and lots of growth and discovery for each character occur throughout the novel.  Also, the writing is on point.  Well thought out, well structured chapters, sentences, everything.  There was plenty of tension in the book and enough Big Events to keep me reading.  And the best part was that everything that happened in the book felt like it should happen.  I didn't find myself thinking "But hey what?"

Overall, I give this book a hearty 5 stars (and go read the first book in the series as well!) 


Now, peoples: Go enter the giveaway, then get reading!

a Rafflecopter giveaway



2 comments:

Giselle said...

Great review, Maggie! Good character development and growth is so important to me - if I can't connect with the characters, the plot will not work for me. This sounds like a very well done and fun read! :)

Taylor Barton said...

Thank you so much for reviewing ECHO Campaign. I would love to see it appear on the ECHO Campaign Amazon page as well :) Look out for the Legacy Strain tour in July!