Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Fantasy Favorites

Hey Y'all!

Let's talk about fantasy books!  I love fantasy ~ so today, I am sharing all my favorite fantasy (and sci-fi, and dystopian) books with you!





Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien
I hope I don't need to explain why I love Lord of the Rings.  It's amazing - it has orcs, the eye of Sauron, Mordor, wraiths, Legolas, swords, battles - I'll just stop now!  This book is amazing.


The Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling
Is is any surprise that the Harry Potter series is on my list of favorite fantasy books?  I hope not.  These books are amazing - I won't explain or elaborate!






His Dark Materials Trilogy - Philip Pullman
This series is magical and amazing, and has a knife that can cut into other worlds! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  There are no adequate words to describe how much I love these books - they are just awesome.



 Divergent and Insurgent - Veronica Roth
I loved these books.  They are dark and wonderous and awesome.  (You have surely noticed that I left off Allegiant from the list.  I have read it - I didn't like it.  I found it to be a poorly written and completely disappointing ending to an otherwise wonderful series.  Just read the first two and skip the third.)



The Hunger Games
Trilogy - Suzanna Collins
These books got to me so hard - I read them all in 4 days.  If you don't know why these books are amazing, you've been living under a rock!


A Song of Ice and Fire - George R.R. Martin
Yes, dear watchers of the TV show who have never read the books: The series is actually called A Song of Ice and Fire.  And the books are even more amazing than the TV show.  (Don't get me wrong - this is one book to TV adaptation that I LOVE, but the books are better. Read them.)



No comments: