Author: Abby Jimenez
Rating: 4 Stars
When Vanessa Price quit her job to pursue her dream of traveling the globe, she wasn't expecting to gain millions of YouTube followers who shared her joy of seizing every moment. For her, living each day to its fullest isn't just a motto. Her mother and sister never saw the age of 30, and Vanessa doesn't want to take anything for granted. But after her half sister suddenly leaves Vanessa in custody of her baby daughter, life goes from "daily adventure" to "next-level bad" (now with bonus baby vomit in hair). The last person Vanessa expects to show up offering help is the hot lawyer next door, Adrian Copeland. After all, she barely knows him. No one warned her that he was the Secret Baby Tamer or that she'd be spending a whole lot of time with him and his geriatric Chihuahua. Now she's feeling things she's vowed not to feel. Because the only thing worse than falling for Adrian is finding a little hope for a future she may never see.
Romantic comedy is a great way to describe this book. I laughed more at this book so much I'm surprised I didn't disturb my neighbors.
I Absolutely Loved:
* The two main characters. Adrian and Vanessa are both awesome, well written characters with a truly fantastic relationship. They start out with him not even knowing who she is (even though HE OWNS THE BUILDING THEY LIVE IN.) And they have this instant friendship that starts because he offers to help her with her niece. The way their relationship/friendship develops from there is awesome to watch.
* It was great to see both the MC's grow. At the beginning of the book Adrian is so dead set against flying anywhere. He's got bad anxiety, and he hates his dad (not going to say why - go read the book.) But almost losing Vanessa was his wake up call and he did what he needed to do to, at the very least, reconcile past relationships that were important.
* Vanessa making a life for herself traveling and donating money to find a cure for ALS. She knew how ALS impacted people and was so, so dedicated to doing whatever she could to donate money to potentially find a cure. It showed how much she cared about other people, and about people who are affected by a really hard disease.
* The humor throughout this book is awesome - if you have ever seen any video or post Abby Jimenez has done on TikTok or Facebook, you know this is not surprising. She is such a comedic personality on her sites, and that translates into her book so much.
* Even though there is so much humor in this book, there is also so much heart and caring and compassion. Even in the moments when things may seem like they'll take a comedic turn (the baby having explosive poop), there is this wonderful caring and heart aspect to this whole book. It's very well rounded and well written.
* The way the growth of each character led them to redevelop relationships they thought were no longer important to them.
There wasn't anything I can think of that I didn't love about this book. It was humorous, well written, and had great, well developed characters. I also loved that it took place in Minnesota. As a Minnesota lady, I know there aren't tons of books set here, so when we have one, we're very excited.
If you haven't read this book yet, I highly recommend it. If you have read it, let me know what you thought in the comments!